All this talk about Michael Phelps and his 8 trillion Facebook 'friends' encouraged me to see which Aussie golfers have jumped on the social networking site Facebook.
- Adam Scott's Facebook has about 1,900 'friends' which is nice. A pretty crappy page, a lot of pictures and a brief bio.
- Greg Normans Facebook is low on friends, I felt like joining just to boost up the dismal numbers. Greg's page is pretty good really, has some good comments a few cool pictures. Oh, Greg has about 370 friends, I'm sure he's had more people over for dinner.
- Aaron Baddeley doesn’t have an individual Facebook page however there are a few fan groups. The most popular describes Aaron as 'sick, plain and simple'. There's a link to his site, a few pics and an advertisement to a dating site which I clicked and found more interesting. Badds has about 170 friends.
- Geoff Ogilvy's Facebook page is also weak. Just over 100 friends, some bizarre heading defaming Mickleson and Woods. One to skip.
- Nick O'Hern, no idea. Locked profile.
- The Rod Pampling Facebook fan page has 20 members.
- Peter Lonard has a fan page with 25 members
- Steve Elkington has a fan page with about 15 members.
The following Aussie golfers don't have Facebook pages which surprised me:
- - Scott Strange
- - Stuart Appleby
- - Brendan Jones
- - Kristie Newton
- - Richard Green
- - Robert Allenby
- - Nikki Garrett
- - Craig Parry
- - Nathan Green
- - Karrie Webb
- - Jon Sender
- - Sarah Kemp
Obviously, the names I've searched are a tiny percentage of the top Aussie golfers though I was curious about the more 'popular' ones. I didn't bother linking them either because frankly in good conscience, I wouldn't want to inflict that kind of pain on another human being. I'm so excited to check Myspace for all my Aussie golfing heroes!