Nike Golf recently published a public congratulation to Team Nike golfer; Carl Pettersson for his convincing win at the Wyndham Championship in North Carolina. Pettersson's win furthers Nike Golf's dominance on the PGA tour, the Wyndham their eleventh victory in 2008.
Here are the results thus far in 2008 perhaps you notice a trend:
Nike Golf’s 2008 PGA Tour Victories:
• Tiger Woods – Buick Invitational
• K.J. Choi – Sony Open
• Tiger Woods – World Golf Championships - Accenture Match Play Championship
• Tiger Woods – Arnold Palmer Invitational
• Trevor Immelman – The Masters
• Anthony Kim – The Wachovia Championship
• Justin Leonard - The Stanford St. Jude Championship
• Tiger Woods – U.S. Open
• Stewart Cink – Travelers Championship
• Anthony Kim – AT&T National
• Carl Pettersson – Wyndham Championship
I’m sure you noticed, not one of these golfers was wearing 1985 Nike Air's.
Sure, they were using Nike Golf equipment and wearing Nike apparel to aid their game, but can Nike take all the credit when there's not a pair of Air's in sight?
The conspiracy dates back to the 1984 classic film; Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo when Adolpho 'Ozone' Quinones says: "Girls are whack, man!" Quinone has never played a round of golf since the release of Breakin 2. It would seem that a golf course is the only place that breakdancing cannot solve all your problems.
Many more golfing scandals that have rocked the golfing world can be found here: